For a couple of days I saw some pending updates in my Windows 10 store that didn’t seem to install or download. The downloads were either in progress or done but none of them installed. Restarting the downloads didn’t help either.
Some quick research came up with all kinds of Powershell and registry hacks. Quite weird. Then I remembered about a recent issue that I had with Windows 8.1 which was solved by simply disconnecting the Microsoft account and reconnecting it after a restart. And it worked!
- Go to account settings: Hit the Windows Key, type “Account” (german: Konto)
- Disconnect from your Microsoft account
- reboot (optional – I didn’t try without reboot)
- Reconnect to the Microsoft account
- Open the Store and do the update